TAMPA, Fla — The Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office needs your help identifying a man it says robbed a convenience store at gunpoint early Sunday morning.
Around 3:27 a.m., a man entered a 7-Eleven gas station on 6016 Gunn Highway in Tampa and began demanding money from the clerk while holding the worker at gunpoint, according to a news release.
Luckily, deputies say the clerk was not hurt, but the man was able to get away with an unknown amount of money.
Deputies describe the man as being between 5-foot-10 to 6-feet tall and weighing 165 to 200 pounds. He was last seen wearing a black mask, black and orange gloves, a black hoodie, dark blue shorts and black sneakers.
The robbery was recorded on store surveillance video.
"In the process of stealing from a business, this individual unnecessarily caused a store employee to fear for his life by holding him at gunpoint. We want to find him immediately, and we're asking for the public's help," Sheriff Chad Chronister said.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call the sheriff's office at 813-247-8200 or Crime Stoppers of Tampa Bay at 1-800-873-TIPS (8477).
What other people are reading right now:
- FDA approves remdesivir, first drug for treating COVID-19
- Trump and Biden to meet for high stakes final faceoff in Thursday debate
- Gov. DeSantis says Florida is loosening nursing home visitation restrictions
- Iran, Russia obtained US voter information, intelligence agencies warn
- Your guide for the rescheduled 2020 Firestone Grand Prix of St. Petersburg
- Rare, two-headed snake found in Palm Harbor home
- Here's the full 2020 World Series schedule
- What you need to know about the 6 constitutional amendments on Florida ballots
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter