TAMPA, Fla — A Hillsborough County deputy is expected to be OK after a crash involving a 74-year-old man, who suffered serious injuries.
It happened around 7:30 a.m. Friday near State Road 60 and Adamo Drive.
A pick-up truck was driving east on SR-60 while a marked Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office unit was going west for a service call.
According to Florida Highway Patrol, the Spring Hill man driving the pick-up turned left into the path of the marked patrol car at the intersection with Currie Davis Drive.
The front of the patrol car collided with the passenger side of the pick-up, before the pick-up smashed into a power pole and the cruiser hit a light pole.
The elderly driver of the pick-up was hospitalized with serious injuries. And, the 33-year-old male deputy, who is from Riverview, was taken to the hospital with minor injuries.
Both men were wearing seatbelts.
Westbound lanes at E Adamo Drive were temporarily shut down at Currie Davis Drive, according to an HCSO traffic alert. Drivers were advised to find alternate routes Friday morning.
- QR codes: How to protect your cell phone from scams
- Rays 101: Your ultimate guide to jumping on the bandwagon this season
- '40,000 cases daily': Florida scientists say U.K. variant could spark a 4th wave of COVID-19 infections in the state
- House approves Equality Act with expanded LGBTQ legal safeguards
- Militia official: US strike in Syria kills 1, wounds several
- The sky will be extra bright this weekend from the full "Snow Moon"
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter