TAMPA, Fla. — UPDATE: Hillsborough County leaders met on May 14 and agreed to extend the state of emergency for yet another seven days.
Previous story below:
Hillsborough County has extended its local state of emergency for seven more days.
The unanimous vote happened Thursday afternoon during an Emergency Policy Group meeting.
The EPG is comprised of three County Commissioners, the mayors of Plant City, Tampa, and Temple Terrace, the Sheriff and the Chairman of the School Board.
The EPG meets on Mondays and Thursdays at 1:30 p.m.
What other people are reading right now:
- Here's what's opening in Tampa Bay
- Florida could move into Phase 2 in a few weeks if data supports it
- When is Florida's disaster tax holiday?
- When can we get haircuts? Florida's governor wants to 'safely' reopen barbershops and hair salons
- Buying flowers for Mother's Day? Make sure mom gets what you paid for!
- It's Hurricane Preparedness Week: Are you ready for this season?
- Coronavirus in context: Florida COVID-19 cases explained in 5 charts
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter