BLOOMINGDALE, Fla — A man is dead and a woman injured in a shooting deputies are calling an attempted murder-suicide in Hillsborough County.
It happened Monday afternoon around 3:10 p.m. at a home in the area of Sienna Way and Clareside Drive in the Valrico area, according to the sheriff's office.
It's believed the woman is in her late 30s and the man in his 50s. Deputies say the couple, either married or had been at some point, got into some sort of verbal argument.
The woman was shot, but was alive. A man was found dead. The man tried to kill her but ended up killing himself, authorities say.
The sheriff's office says there is no ready to believe that anyone in the neighborhood should be afraid as the public is not at risk.
Deputies continue to investigate.
What other people are reading right now:
- 'True evil': Missing Florida mom, 4 children found dead as investigation focuses on her husband
- Man 'deeply sorry' for raping, killing girl
- He went missing 2 years ago. Then, his body was found. Now, his family is trying to save other kids.
- Cops: 2 daycare employees arrested after video shows little girl dangled upside down, bullied
- 'I am awesome': How a millennial built a fentanyl empire
FREE 10NEWS APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter