TAMPA, Fla. — Police say a man is dead after his car crashed and overturned Sunday afternoon in the Hillsborough River.
The Tampa Police Department says it happened in the Hillsborough River near W Columbus Drive and N. Riverside Drive.
Officers say the man was the only person inside the car.
It is still unclear how the car ended up in the river.
Police tell 10 Tampa Bay that officers are still on the scene and are still gathering details. Officers say it is possible that alcohol may have been a contributing factor in the crash.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
- 1 person dead, another hurt after being hit by truck at South Florida Pride parade
- Man arrested in connection to woman's burned body found near Skyway bridge
- 'Huge' car dealer Billy Fuccillo dies in Florida at 64
- Don't do this: Illegally-parked car gets swamped
- A Frank Conversation: New podcast explores race, religion, politics and more
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter