TAMPA, Fla. — Efforts are underway to identify human remains found near Dale Mabry Highway.
A worker came across the remains around 10 a.m. Saturday in the area of North Dale Mabry Highway and Ehrlich Road, according to the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office.
They were found in a watery ditch.
It's not yet known who the person is or how they got into the area.
The sheriff's office is expected to release more information in the coming days.
What other people are reading right now:
- Powerful 7.1 magnitude earthquake shakes southern California
- Toddler drowns after her dad pulls her from pool
- 2 dead, teen injured in South Florida firework accidents
- Hillsborough County animal shelter waives adoption fees through the weekend
- Watermelon festival, powerboat races, Etsy craft party: 10 things to do this weekend in Tampa Bay
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.