LUTZ, Fla. — The Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office has made an arrest in a homicide that took place during a house party in Lutz early Wednesday morning.
Through investigative work and interviews with witnesses, Brandon Jerelle Howard, 29, was identified as the suspect linked to the deadly shooting.
Deputies said they got a call for shots fired at around 3 a.m. at a home on the 14000 block of North 30th Street.
Deputies said when they got to the house they didn't see anyone who had been hurt. But, about 20 minutes later, investigators said a man had been taken to the emergency room at Advent Health with a gunshot wound.
The man was then taken to Tampa General Hospital where he died.
Howard was arrested shortly after 3 a.m. on Thursday, July 30. He is facing felony charges of Second Degree Murder with a Firearm and Felon in Possession of a Firearm. The motive for the shooting is unclear at this time.
“I commend our detectives for their continued, successful efforts to quickly solve crimes that occur in our communities and take violent individuals like Brandon Howard off of our streets,” said Sheriff Chad Chronister. “We are thankful for the people who came forward and shared information that helped us make an arrest within 24 hours of this homicide.”
Howard is currently being held at the Orient Road Jail.
- Car of missing St. Petersburg woman, daughter seen in Tennessee
- Florida reports incorrect child COVID-19 rates amid debate over reopening schools
- Florida is in the cone of Potential Tropical Cyclone Nine
- Pinellas County school leaders vote to push school year start to Aug. 24
- Did you get a weird seed packet in the mail? Don't open it: Here's what to do
- GOP unveils 'HEALS' Act with another round of $1,200 stimulus checks
FREE 10 TAMPA BAY APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter