SUN CITY CENTER, Fla. — UPDATE: A 19-year-old Wimauma man has confessed to leaving the scene of a March 30 crash that killed a 48-year-old man, investigators say. A Florida Highway Patrol spokesperson said Emilio Nick Morales surrendered himself Monday at Troop C FHP Headquarters in Tampa.
The search is on for a driver in some sort of teal vehicle believed to have hit a motorcyclist, leading to his death.
Jeffrey Ringle, 48, was riding on U.S. 301 when a southbound vehicle crossed the line of traffic in a no passing zone and crashed into him, according to the Florida Highway Patrol. The exact make and model of the vehicle are not known.
The crash happened around 10:24 p.m. Saturday on U.S. 301 just south of Sun City Center Boulevard.
Ringle was taken to Tampa General Hospital, where he died from his injuries. His passenger, 45-year-old Megan Ringle, suffered serious injuries.
Anyone who might know something about the crash is asked to call troopers at 813-558-1800.
What other people are reading right now:
- 'It's not fair': Slain USC student planned to go to law school, friend says
- Century-old alligator gets kicked out of a Florida park
- Texas boy missing since 2017 found in Florida
- Teal vehicle wanted in deadly motorcycle crash
- Group of 3,000 chickens ‘gang up’ to kill intruding fox on French farm
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.