BRANDON, Fla. — A fight spiraled into a shooting that left a man dead in a front yard, according to the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office.
Deputies identified the accused shooter as 35-year-old Caldon Travis King Jr.
According to investigators, the man was shot by King who used to live at the home in Brandon. The man who was killed returned to get his stuff from a woman who still lives there, deputies said.
Deputies say King called 911, stayed at the scene on Edgedale Circle and S. Kingsway Road.
He is charged with second-degree murder with a firearm.
What other people are reading right now:
- Tampa Bay sees freeze warning Tuesday night through Wednesday morning
- Mother accused of killing her three children in Arizona
- Police warn people to leave convicted sexual predator named 'Pirate' alone
- Florida water parks closing ahead of cold weather
- Texas teen won't be able to walk at graduation unless he cuts his dreadlocks
- Gasparilla Guide: Everything you need to know about the 2020 pirate festival
- Attention viewers: WTSP is undergoing planned work on our tower