HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. — A large water main break near St. Joseph's Hospital on Big Bend Road is affecting more than 30 businesses and a nearby apartment complex Thursday afternoon.
The affected area is south of Big Bend Road between Simmons Loop and U.S. Highway 301, according to Hillsborough County.
All the roads are open, but the businesses, including some stores and restaurants, don't have water.
Residents, businesses and customers in the area are being advised to boil their water as a precaution.
Hillsborough County Public Utilities crews are working to fix the water break and restore water to the area. It is expected to be fixed by this afternoon or evening.
For further questions, Hillsborough County advises people in the affected areas to call (813) 744-5600.
What other people are reading right now:
- FHP: 3 naked women 'air drying' at a Florida rest stop send troopers on a chase
- Son shoots home invasion suspect in the head while sisters hide in closet, police say
- Toddler survives 6-story fall from apartment window when car breaks his fall
- Herbal supplement kratom is tied to more US deaths
- Police respond to burglary call. It was a Roomba trapped in a bathroom
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.