HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. — One person was killed after a four-car crash in Hillsborough County Friday evening, authorities said.
According to Florida Highway Patrol, the crash happened at a red light near State Road 574 and Williams Road.
Two cars were stopped at the light when a third car failed to slow down in time, swerving and colliding with both cars, FHP said. They added that the third car's momentum sent it across a nearby median, hitting a fourth car.
The driver and passenger of the third car were transported to a nearby hospital. FHP says the passenger later died.
Authorities have not released the conditions of the other drivers.
- Ellen surprises Tampa Bay teacher, Bucs fan with tickets to Super Bowl LV
- Senate approves budget bill to pass Biden's $1.9T COVID-19 relief plan
- Tampa Bay students write letters of encouragement to the Bucs ahead of Super Bowl LV
- Where to watch Super Bowl LV around Tampa Bay
- Here's how to avoid parking in downtown Tampa ahead of Super Bowl LV
- Everything you need to know about Super Bowl LV in Tampa
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter