TAMPA, Fla. — This summer, the Tampa Police Department will be issuing citations to kids — for a free pizza.
Officers who see kids doing the right thing will stop them and give them the citation in an effort to encourage positive acts in the community. Plus, who doesn't love a free pizza?
"This summer let's encourage our kids to do the right thing. If you see one of our officers out talking to a kid then they're probably receiving a citation, yes, that's right a citation. A Papa John's citation," an officer said in a video posted to Twitter.
The program began on July 26 and will run through the summer. According to the police department, the citation is good at your local Papa John's store.
- How are Florida's athletes doing at the Tokyo Olympics?
- Pinellas County building turning tons of dead red tide marine life into energy
- 'It’s been an honor': Chief Brian Dugan announces his retirement from Tampa Police Department
- Man accused of shooting family member at Spring Hill BioSpine
- Eating fresh fish and seafood during red tide: Is it safe?
- A Frank Conversation: New podcast explores race, religion, politics and more
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter