HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. — A 20-year-old Tampa woman died in a head-on crash early Sunday morning, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.
It happened just before 7 a.m.
Troopers say, for some reason, the woman was heading north in the southbound lanes of U.S. 41 near Old U.S. 41. Her car crashed into an oncoming car nearly head-on.
The driver of the other car, a 21-year-old Thonotosassa woman, was taken to an area hospital with critical injuries. The 20-year-old woman died at the scene of the crash, FHP said.
What other people are reading right now:
- Person injured, 20 homes damages after strong storms sweep through Bradenton
- Damaging winds, tornadoes among Tampa Bay's severe weather threats this weekend
- Watch: Large waterspout comes ashore in Panama City Beach
- A gift amid grief: Wife of fallen Tampa Police Officer Jesse Madsen speaks one month after deadly crash
- Getting your second dose of COVID-19 vaccine? Here's what to expect
- Pumping of wastewater from Piney Point put on pause
- Hurricane experts predict an above-average 2021 Atlantic hurricane season
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter