TAMPA, Fla. — A house fire started Friday night when a hoverboard battery burst, Tampa Fire Rescue said.
The fire happened in a home about 7:30 p.m. on Cozumel Isle Drive in New Tampa.
Everyone in the house was able to get out, but they said a pet sugar glider marsupial had been left in an upstairs bedroom. Firefighters were able to get the animal out of the smoke-filled room.
Officials said the fire was put out quickly. No injuries were reported.
The homeowner told firefighters the fire had started when a battery on a hoverboard exploded, setting nearby items on fire.
What other people are reading right now:
- Girl who died in SC classroom died of natural causes, not fight, officials say
- California couple who starved, shackled children sentenced to life in prison
- 8-year-old girl dies after tree falls on house during storm
- Investigation: Shattering sunroofs put drivers at risk
- ‘School’ misspelled at Florida crosswalk
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.