TAMPA, Fla. — MacDill Air Force Base will perform a flyover to honor the 2020 Stanley Cup Champions, the Tampa Bay Lightning.
A U.S. Air Force KC-135 Stratotanker from the 6th Air Refueling Wing will fly above the NHL team's Championship Celebration at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday at Raymond James Stadium.
The KC-135 will be loaded with Bolts flags.
“We are honored to recognize the 2020 National Hockey League Stanley Cup Champions, the Tampa Bay Lightning and the Tampa Bay community,” wrote Col. Benjamin Jonsson, 6th Air Refueling Wing commander. “Congratulations to the Tampa Bay Lightning organization and their fans!”
KC-135 Stratotankers provide core aerial refueling capabilities for the U.S. Air Force, an assignment the planes have held for more than 60 years.
- Florida releases school COVID-19 dashboard
- How to watch the 2020 Stanley Cup Champions Boat Parade
- VERIFY: Fact-checking the first presidential debate
- Here's how to find your ballot drop-off location
- What you need to know about the 6 constitutional amendments on Florida ballots
- Tropics 'wake up,' new disturbance to watch
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter