VENICE, Fla. — The Sarasota County Sheriff's Office is investigating after a man was found dead in a Venice pond Friday afternoon.
Deputies say they were called around 1 p.m. to the area of Auburn Road and Point Loop Drive for a report of someone lying face down in the water.
The sheriff's office underwater recovery team responded to help in the recovery efforts.
The cause of death is still unknown, but deputies continue to investigate.
An official cause of death will be determined by the Medical Examiner's Office. The case is active and ongoing.
What other people are reading right now:
- Video: Restaurant uses hose to spray 10News reporter with water during health inspection questions
- Potential Tropical Cyclone 9 could be a rainmaker for parts of Florida this weekend
- Florida Man Radio debuts in Orlando
- Rare Friday the 13th full moon to appear this week
- Police: 5 people hurt, one person arrested after stabbing in Tallahassee
- 'It looked like an apocalypse': Couple survives Dorian in Bahamas
FREE 10NEWS APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter