CLEARWATER, Fla. — A 22-year-old man caught hiding in the closet of a 13-year-old girl may be the father of her unborn child, Clearwater police said.
Carlos Perez Corona, 22, was arrested Sunday.
According to an arrest affidavit, Perez Corona snuck into the victim's home overnight while her father was asleep and had sex with her. He was aware of the girl's age, police said.
In the morning, Perez Corona fled the house after he was found hiding in a closet by one of the girl's relatives, according to law enforcement.
The two also had sex on Dec. 7 while her father was at work, police said, and a neighbor saw Perez Corona leaving the home that morning.
The victim admitted she and Perez Corona were having a secret sexual relationship, according to police. The suspect knows the girl and her father through relatives, police said.
The victim also had positive pregnancy tests, and she may be pregnant with his child, the arrest affidavit said.
Perez Corona was charged with two counts of lewd and lascivious battery. He is being held at the request of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
What other people are reading right now:
- Florida woman accused of shoplifting, masturbating in jail van
- Ex-officer said she was having sex while child was dying in hot patrol car
- Police search for 8-month-old girl missing from Indiana
- Report: Florida prosecutors offer to drop charges against Robert Kraft
- Tyler Perry steps in to help 4 children of slain single mom
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.