TAMPA, Fla. — A man who barricaded himself inside a funeral home has surrendered, Tampa police say.
The man, who said he was armed, was alone at Aikens Funeral Home, 2708 E. Martin Luther King Blvd., police say.
After about 90 minutes, he came out and taken into custody. He was not armed.
He has been taken to a local hospital to be evaluated.
Middleton High School, Lomas Middle Magnet, Ferrell Middle Magnet and Young Middle Magnet schools were locked-in during the incident.
What other people are reading right now:
- Kicked off plane: Woman accused of throwing tantrum over seat next to child
- Men who can do 40 push-ups are less likely to have heart disease, study says
- What is 'zombie deer disease' and should I be worried about it?
- Alabama newspaper editor calls for return of the KKK
- Hundreds living in FEMA trailers four months after Hurricane Michael hit Florida
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.