A man who participated in Sunday's Skyway 10K has passed away.
The man, whose name has not been released, suffered a medical emergency at approximately mile five of the race, according to race organizer James Judge.
Judge said first responders and runners with medical training provided immediate first-aid within seconds until emergency medical personnel arrived.
The man was taken to Manatee Memorial Hospital.
Judge said he was informed Monday morning that the runner died.
- Governor: 2 coronavirus cases 'presumptive positive' in the Tampa Bay area
- US professor at the epicenter of coronavirus outbreak: 'Don’t panic'
- USPS fixes broken mailboxes after Citrus County neighbors Turn To 10
- Direct testing for coronavirus happening in Jacksonville, Miami, Tampa health centers
- Coronavirus: Answering the top 10 questions people have been Googling
- Early voting begins Monday in Hillsborough, Polk counties
FREE 10NEWS APP: