BRADENTON, Fla. — A man was killed after his SUV crashed into a traffic light support overnight.
It happened after 3 a.m. Saturday on U.S. Highway 41 and 30th Avenue E, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.
Troopers say the driver, a 32-year-old man, was heading south on U.S. 41 when he drove across the median and the opposite lanes before crashing into the pole.
Alcohol is not believed to be a factor in the crash, and troopers say it's not yet known whether the man was wearing a seat belt.
Northbound U.S. 41 and westbound 30th Avenue remains closed to traffic.
What other people are reading right now:
- Despite the chaos, finding Evelyn Boswell remains focus of investigation
- Jungle Cruise boat full of passengers sinks at Disney World
- 44 potential African American graves found at shuttered Pinellas County school, city property
- Person presumed to have coronavirus in Oregon works at elementary school
- K-9 deputy attacked by a venomous snake while searching for missing baby
- Skyway 10K guide: Everything you need to know to race
FREE 10NEWS APP: