MANATEE COUNTY, Fla — Tampa Bay’s congested highway system is about to mark a major milestone – and that’s great news for drivers who plan to head north for the holidays.
According to the Florida Department of Transportation, the Interstate 275 SB ramp to Interstate 75 NB in Manatee County will reopen to traffic this week before Thanksgiving.
FDOT says construction crews will make final preparations overnight Tuesday so the ramp can be ready for the pre-holiday rush at 6 a.m. Wednesday, Nov. 27.
The entire job is not complete though.
FDOT expects it to be finished by Spring 2020 after workers to install audible markings on the pavement and protective coating on steel beams. That should only require some overnight lane closures.
What other people are reading right now:
- Classrooms in Crisis: Tampa Bay area teachers are being injured by students
- Instant Pot releases special Star Wars collection
- Trump signs bill into law making animal cruelty a federal felony
- Prosthetic legs stolen from double-amputee high school wrestler
- Police: 13-year-old accused of killing grandmother was found covered in blood
- 'We're still here:' Seminole Tribe shares dark history of Egmont Key
FREE 10NEWS APP: