MANATEE COUNTY, Fla. — A 3-year-old boy died when he was hit by a pickup truck Saturday on the Skyway Fishing Pier, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.
It happened just before 5 p.m. on the south pier.
Troopers say the truck, driven by a 19-year-old man from Lutz, was heading north on the pier when it hit the child, who was trying to cross the road.
The child was pronounced dead at the scene of the crash, FHP said.
An investigation is ongoing.
What other people are reading right now:
- Police: 8 killed in Indianapolis FedEx building shooting, others being treated at hospitals
- Baby toys at Target, Walmart recalled for potential choking hazards
- Rays propose 'world class' multi-sport stadium in St. Pete for Rays and Rowdies
- Florida 'anti-riot' bill headed to Gov. DeSantis' desk after being passed by the Senate
- Bill aiming to repeal Florida toll road projects passes House committee
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter