BRADENTON, Fla. — As severe storms swept through parts of Tampa Bay, Manatee County EMS says at least one person was injured and several homes were damaged.
According to county authorities, the person was injured Saturday evening during a possible tornado near El Conquistador Parkway. The National Weather Service says the damage was likely caused by straight-line damaging winds.
Two severe thunderstorm warnings were issued Saturday evening in Manatee County.
Manatee County Public Safety says county EMS Chief Steve Litschauer was also on the scene and officials offered everyone impacted by the storm in the area assistance from the Red Cross.
According to county emergency management, 20 homes were damaged by wind. Five of those homes had major damage with large sections of roofing removed.
Other damage happened to windows, awnings, screen enclosures and trees.
Have storm pics? Send to 10 Tampa Bay via our free app using the "Near Me" feature on the bottom right of the app.
What other people are reading right now:
- Damaging winds, tornadoes among Tampa Bay's severe weather threats this weekend
- Watch: Large waterspout comes ashore in Panama City Beach
- A gift amid grief: Wife of fallen Tampa Police Officer Jesse Madsen speaks one month after deadly crash
- Matt Gaetz vows to fight, tries to stay on offensive amid scandal
- Getting your second dose of COVID-19 vaccine? Here's what to expect
- Pumping of wastewater from Piney Point put on pause
- Hurricane experts predict an above-average 2021 Atlantic hurricane season
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter