Some good news! The Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office says Nelson Smith has been found safe.
Deputies say 78-year-old Smith, who has dementia, had left his Shady Shores Drive home around 10:30 a.m. on Nov. 29. And, investigators weren't sure which way he went.
He's described as a Black man who is 5-foot-9 and 150 pounds. He was last seen wearing a black leather jacket.
Smith is believed to be in a 2014 Ford F-150 with Georgia tag PEX3727. At the time, the sheriff's office believed he may have been heading to Georgia.
Deputies said he was considered "endangered" and didn't have his cell phone with him. Anyone with information about Smith's whereabouts was asked to call deputies at 813-247-8200.
- Coldest air of the season arrives in Tampa Bay this week
- 'People let their guard down': Health expert expresses concern over possible post-holiday travel rise in COVID-19 cases
- Fauci: US may see 'surge upon surge' of virus in weeks ahead
- Multi-county police chase ends with arrests on Interstate 4
- Florida hunters have duck stolen by massive gator
- 12 Christmas light displays to see this year around Tampa Bay
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter