HUDSON, Florida — A fatal shooting in Hudson on Tuesday started as a neighborhood dispute, Pasco County deputies say.
According to deputies, about 8:17 p.m., deputies were called to a home after a report of a shooting. There, they found out a man had entered a neighbor's home and threatened a 66-year-old resident.
The neighbor then attacked a woman in the home and continued to threaten the resident. Deputies said the resident got a firearm and repeatedly warned the neighbor to leave.
After the neighbor would not leave, the resident shot him, deputies said.
The neighbor was taken to a local hospital, where he died. His name has been withheld pending notification of next of kin.
We are withholding the resident's name because he has not been charged.
The investigation is continuing.
What other people are reading right now:
- WATCH: Shopping mall starts to flood, band plays Titanic song
- Build-A-Bear 'Pay Your Age' returns with limits after last year's chaos
- Grandmother, dad of man who murdered his children ask for his life to be spared
- More reports of sickness and death at resorts in the Dominican Republic
- Family asking for prayers to father-to-be struck by lightning