PASCO COUNTY, Fla. — A Pasco County 1-year-old is being taken to an area hospital as a trauma alert after being bit in the face by a dog, according to firefighters.
Pasco County Fire Rescue is on the way to the scene in Dade City to assess the situation.
Firefighters say the dog bit the child in the face in the area of Sparkman Road and River Road.
This is a developing story. Check back with 10 Tampa Bay for updates.
What other people are reading right now:
- Ideas for a safe Halloween during the coronavirus pandemic
- Florida has now seen more than 800,000 COVID-19 cases 7 months
- Bacteria lurking in Florida water responsible for hundreds of deaths
- NHC monitoring system in southwestern Caribbean Sea, could become tropical depression this weekend
- CDC lifts no-sail order for cruise lines, lays out framework for return
- Tampa Bay area prosecutors and law enforcement work to prevent voter intimidation
- What you need to know about the 6 constitutional amendments on Florida ballots
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter