ZEPHYRHILLS, Fla. — Two people died following an early morning crash Sunday in Pasco County, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.
A 21-year-old Zephyrhills man was heading west on Eiland Boulevard near Skipper Lane when he left the median and crashed nearly head-on with another car, troopers said in a news release.
The second car, driven by a 65-year-old Williamstown woman, spun around and hit a mailbox before ending up on the roadway shoulder. She died at the scene of the crash, FHP said.
The man was taken to an area hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
What other people are reading right now:
- Old SpaceX capsule delivers new crew to space station
- Florida to resume use of Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine Sunday at FEMA sites
- FHP: Grandfather, 2-week-old baby ejected from car in deadly Gandy Boulevard crash
- Florida police officers charged with issuing dozens of bogus citations
- Your guide to the 2021 Firestone Grand Prix of St. Petersburg
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter