DADE CITY, Fla. — A 70-year-old man died after experiencing some sort of medical issue and crashed his truck into a pond, according to Florida Highway Patrol.
It happened just before 1 p.m. Saturday.
Troopers say the man was driving north on U.S. 301 approaching Gus Way when the man lost control of the truck while experiencing a medical emergency. The truck crossed the median and southbound lanes before hitting a wooden post and a concrete wall.
The truck crashed into a pond and became submerged.
The man was taken to an area hospital by helicopter, where he died.
There was a 67-year-old female passenger in the truck, as well, troopers said. She suffered only minor injuries in the crash.
Pasco County Fire Rescue responded to the scene and said bystanders helped pull the two people from the truck, according to a news release.
- Hurricane warnings issued for parts of Florida's east coast ahead of Isaias
- Tropical Depression Ten forms off the coast of Africa
- Reports: MLB commissioner warns of shut down if coronavirus is managed better
- NASA, SpaceX keeping close eye on Hurricane Isaias ahead of astronauts return to earth this weekend
- Washington State scientists trap their first 'murder hornet'
- Pasco teachers’ union plans legal action against state's reopening order
- 257: For the fourth day in a row, Florida sees highest number of new reported COVID-19 deaths
FREE 10 TAMPA BAY APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter