PASCO COUNTY, Fla. — Pasco Fire Rescue crews responded to a boat crash in the Anclote River on Tuesday.
First responders said the boat hit a marker in the river and one person was thrown overboard. Crews say that the man had life-threatening injuries and was taken to a local hospital.
The man, later identified as Todd Harold Davis, 55, of New Port Richey, was pronounced dead at the hospital.
Authorities say no other people were on the boat at the time.
Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission continues to investigate the crash.
"Our thoughts are with the family at this difficult time," the FWC wrote in a statement.
What other people are reading right now:
- Grandfather charged in death of granddaughter who fell 11 stories on a cruise ship
- Thousands of people petition to save decaying wooden playground
- Mom suing after medics failed to take daughter to hospital, check her vitals. She later died.
- 2 women banned indefinitely from MLB after flashing during World Series
- Cheers, chants of "lock him up" great President Trump at World series
FREE 10NEWS APP: