DADE CITY, Fla. — Pasco County deputies are investigating after they say the body of a man was found floating in a pond Monday afternoon.
They received a call about the body which was found in a retention pond around 2:20 p.m. near a mobile home park off McDonald Street and Highway 301 in Dade City, according to a news release.
A county worker driving by the small pond discovered what appeared to be the adult male partially submerged.
The body will be sent to the medical examiner for identification, the release states.
Deputies have not determined if foul play was involved, but say they believe it was an apparent drowning.
What other people are reading right now:
- Florida boy surprised with Disney trip after using birthday money to help Hurricane Dorian evacuees
- EMT responds to fatal crash and finds his 16-year-old daughter
- Coast Guard makes contact with missing crewmembers in overturned cargo ship
- 2 people die when plane crashes in the Florida Keys
- Disney World offers 'flex tickets' for Florida residents
FREE 10NEWS APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter