HOLIDAY, Fla. — The Pasco County Sheriff's Office identified the man who they say fought with deputies while they investigated a body discovered in a burned-out car.
He is 21-year-old Michael Joseph Psilakis Jr., according to a news release. Psilakis faces several charges, including theft of a firearm, delinquent in possession of a firearm, vehicle theft, resisting arrest with violence, battery on a law enforcement officer and escape.
Deputies arrested him at his mother's home in New Port Richey. He reportedly was driving a stolen car with a stolen handgun inside. When law enforcement tried to take him into custody, he resisted, the sheriff's office said.
The burned car containing the body was found in the woods Friday afternoon east of Baillies Bluff Road near Key Vista Nature Park in Holiday.
The person has not yet been identified.
The sheriff's office has not charged Psilakis in connection to the body.
What other people are reading right now:
- Child airlifted to hospital after being hit by truck in Trinity, Pasco Fire Rescue says
- Woman shoots, kills home invader in Lithia
- 4 things to do with leftover Halloween candy
- Amazon's 'Alexa' may be the sole witness to a Florida murder
- Frozen raspberries, berry mixes recalled for possible Hepatitis A contamination
FREE 10NEWS APP: