HUDSON, Fla. — Deputies have arrested a Hudson man they say defrauded more than 60 people who went to his boat and auto repair shop, adding that it isn't his first time.
The Pasco County Sheriff's Office says Scott Sands, 43, owns Liberty Entrepreneurs in Hudson. Investigators say he would steal boat parts from customers' vessels and later sell them online.
Detectives found out he also allegedly used car parts to repair boats and used parts from one customer's boat to repair another.
It's not the first time Sands had been busted for this. The sheriff's office says he was also charged for operating a chop shop in Pinellas County.
Sands faces charges for scheme to defraud, grand theft and dealing in stolen property.
Deputies believe there may be other customers who have been defrauded by Sands. If anyone believes Sands defrauded them, they are asked to call the Pasco Sheriff's Crime Tips Line at 1-800-706-2488.
What other people are reading right now:
- Here's what you need to know about the Selmon Extension ahead of today's opening
- Widespread rain and showers throughout Tampa Bay
- NASA shares images of first controlled flight on Mars
- 'You are going to have to shoot me' | Man dead following officer-involved shooting in Winter Haven
- Jury now sequestered, beginning deliberations in Derek Chauvin trial
- FedEx donates $1 million to victims, survivors of FedEx mass shooting
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter