NEW PORT RICHEY, Fla. — A New Port Richey man is facing assault and disorderly intoxication charges after an incident outside his home Saturday night.
Around 11:35 p.m., a deputy saw Joseph Peeters, 43, throw an empty beer can at a person riding a bike past his house on Lake Drive, according to an arrest report.
The deputy said Peeters then started chasing the cyclist down the street but eventually stopped.
The deputy approached Peeters, who was in the process of drinking another beer. The deputy said Peeters appeared intoxicated and arrested him.
Peeters was taken to the Pasco County Jail.
What other people are reading right now:
- Golfers beat baby opossum blind, wildlife rescue says
- Chick-fil-A giving away chicken nuggets all month
- 'SOS': Man survives weeks after remote Alaskan cabin burned down
- 'A big old fish!': 350-pound grouper caught in Southwest Florida
- 'Today was the happiest day of my life': Teen rings bell signaling the end of 3.5 years of chemotherapy
- Attention viewers: WTSP is undergoing planned work on our tower