PASCO COUNTY, Fla. — Troopers suspect an Orlando man was driving impaired when he stopped his car on Interstate 75, which then was hit by a Tampa Police Department cruiser.
The crash happened just before 7:30 a.m. Sunday on I-75 near SR-56, according to a Florida Highway Patrol news release.
The impact caused the car to spin off onto the shoulder, while the Tampa cruiser was hit by another car.
Troopers say the Orlando man and his 37-year-old passenger suffered minor injuries. No one else was hurt.
Charges are likely to be brought against the man pending the outcome of the investigation, FHP said.
- Waiting for the 3rd stimulus payment? Here's how to check online
- Where's my stimulus check? Chase, Wells Fargo expect midweek deposit
- Hillsborough County deputy says fallen Officer Jesse Madsen saved his life
- President Biden sets May 1 target to have all adults vaccine-eligible
- 'In pursuit of 8': Tom Brady confirms contract extension with Buccaneers
- List of last-minute Tampa Bay spring break camps for kids
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter