PASCO COUNTY, Fla. — A Zephyrhills man involved in a crash that killed two women last July is facing multiple charges, including vehicular homicide and DUI, the Florida Highway Patrol said.
Jonathan Ryan Haynes was arrested Monday. He was charged with two counts each of vehicular homicide, DUI manslaughter, DUI injury and DUI property damage.
He was also charged with DUI and careless driving.
Troopers said he had a blood alcohol content of 0.23, nearly three times the legal limit, in the July 29, 2018, crash.
According to FHP, Haynes was headed west on State Road 54 near Evans Street in Pasco County in a 2011 Infiniti G37. He attempted to overtake a 2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue but collided with the rear of the vehicle, sending it off the road where it overturned.
Two 24-year-old women in the Oldsmobile -- Hannah Marie Nelson of Dade City and Ashley Aaron Plummer of Zephyrhills -- died from their injuries.
Two other women were seriously injured.
What other people are reading right now:
- 85 people arrested in Hillsborough County human trafficking sting
- Beth Chapman, wife of 'Dog the Bounty Hunter,' placed in a coma
- Ex-teacher accused of having sex with 15-year-old student, sending lingerie photos
- Identity of 2nd body found in orange grove released
- Woman accused of running over 3-year-old son in deadly 'game of chicken' taken back into custody
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.