HOLIDAY, Fla. — UPDATE: Ashley Norsworthy and her 6-year-old daughter Solidad Padilla were found safe later Friday.
A search is underway for a missing mother and her daughter. And, the Florida Department of Law Enforcement has now activated a Missing Child Alert.
The Pasco County Sheriff's Office says detectives are looking for 39-year-old Ashley Norsworthy and 6-year-old Solidad Padilla.
They were last seen around 8:30 p.m. Wednesday at their home on Nixon Road in Holiday. Investigators say Ashley stated she and Solidad were leaving to run errands nearby and drove off in a gray 2017 Toyota Rav4 with tinted windows and Florida license plate 846 LFD.
Then, they vanished, and authorities are worried.
Solidad is described as 3-foot-4 and 50 pounds with brown hair and hazel eyes. Ashley is described as 5-foot-5 with brown hair and eyes.
If you have any information about their disappearance, you are urged to call the Pasco County Sheriff's Office at 727-847-8102, select option 7 and reference case #20-028466.
- Hillsborough County Schools will start online, then begin offering in-person learning on Aug. 31
- USF COVID-19 study finds Floridians are still concerned about the virus, want statewide mask mandate
- Woman accused of pushing demonstrator accuses Tampa police of pushing her
- High School athletes find out today when or if they will have a fall season
- Gov. DeSantis compares reopening Florida schools to Navy SEALs operation that killed Osama bin Laden
- South Florida currently dealing with West Nile and Dengue Fever outbreak
- Tropical Storm Josephine continues its track north of Caribbean islands
FREE 10 TAMPA BAY APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter