PASCO COUNTY, Fla. — Within 15 minutes of opening, the Pasco CARES Program reached its application limit.
The program aims to help those in Pasco County who have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic pay their bills.
When the program opened at 9 a.m. Thursday, the county said it reached its 1,200-resident limit within 15 minutes.
"We want to help our community get through this difficult time," said Assistant County Administrator for Public Services Cathy Pearson. "This program will go a long way toward helping people in Pasco who might be experiencing financial hardships."
What can this help pay for?
Pasco County residents were told to apply here.
Those who have applied and have questions can call the customer service at 727-847-2411.
What other people are reading right now:
- Here's what's opening in Tampa Bay
- Florida could move into Phase 2 in a few weeks if data supports it
- Trial looks to see if hydroxychloroquine can help prevent COVID-19
- Florida woman arrested after 6-year-old found covered in fleas, deputies say
- When can we get haircuts? Florida's governor wants to 'safely' reopen barbershops and hair salons
- Health care workers who volunteered to come to NY will have to pay state income tax, Gov. Cuomo says
- It's Hurricane Preparedness Week: Are you ready for this season?
- Coronavirus in context: Florida COVID-19 cases explained in 5 charts
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter