LAND O' LAKES, Fla. — A Pasco County deputy was taken to the hospital after they were hit by a car.
It happened early Saturday morning while the deputy and other emergency crews were responding to a fire in the area of State Road 52 and Land O'Lakes Boulevard, according to the Pasco County Sheriff's Office.
The agency says the deputy was directing traffic at the time of the crash.
State Road 52 is closed between Land O' Lakes Boulevard and Kent Grove Drive because of the ongoing fire at an abandoned home and injured deputy.
The sheriff's office says the deputy is expected to be OK.
What other people are reading right now:
- Rays lose, Astros force decisive ALCS Game 7
- Deputies: Pilot OK after small aircraft makes emergency landing in Lakeland
- Data breach of software company used by Adventhealth may have compromised donor information
- Feel like you're getting a ton of political campaign texts? It's not just you. Here's how to stop them
- The tropics are quiet now, but expected to get active for late October
- What you need to know about the 6 constitutional amendments on Florida ballots
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter