DADE CITY, Fla. — If you're a sucker for scary attractions, then it's time to get your Scream-A-Geddon on.
Tampa Bay's leading horror park is back for its seventh season on Friday, Sep. 10, in Dade City and it's arriving with a new addition, the haunted Bloodwater Bayou.
Creators say the bayou is haunted by a priestess who "hypnotizes the innocent to purify its murky waters" and the only escape is if the Speaker of the Dead declares you worthy enough.
Six more popular attractions will be featured at the event along with spooky characters and a horrifying Monster Midway.
Scream-A-Geddon was voted USA's Best Haunted House in 2018 and 2020. It placed among the top five in 2019.
Tickets can be purchased on SCREAMAGEDDON.com and start at $24.95.
What other people are reading right now:
- Ventilation is key to slowing spread of COVID in schools: Is your child's school making updates?
- Florida records highest-ever new COVID-19 case total in a single day, CDC data shows
- Police: Woman found dead inside car at St. Pete cemetery. Her children were found 'terrified' inside
- If Florida competed alone in the Olympics, it'd rank 7th in gold medals
- Disney requiring all salaried, non-union hourly employees to be fully vaccinated
- Where to get a COVID-19 test around Tampa Bay
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter