NEW PORT RICHEY, Fla. — A 2-year-old boy drowned in a pool Monday when his grandfather got up to use the bathroom, authorities say.
Pasco County Sheriff's Office deputies were sent just after 7 p.m. to a home on Indian Mound Drive on a report of a drowning.
The child's grandfather was watching the boy swim in the backyard pool, a news release states. Upon returning from using the bathroom, the child was found floating in the water.
CPR was performed on the child by deputies until the Pasco County Fire Rescue arrived. By the time the boy was taken to the hospital, however, he was pronounced dead.
An investigation is ongoing.
What other people are reading right now:
- Florida man accused of refusing to pay for chicken wings, exposing himself in restaurant
- Couple arrested after police say 5-year-old was left at bus stop, found near busy street
- Jimmy Buffett fan club members reportedly get sick at Dominican Republic resort
- Pastor who backed bill criminalizing abortions accused of repeatedly molesting a child
- Man arrested after 3 thrown from elevated expressway after being struck by car
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.