ZEPHYRHILLS, Fla. — A search is ongoing for at least one person who shot and killed a man at a Pasco County park, the sheriff's office said.
It happened around 12:57 p.m. Saturday in the parking lot area of Samuel Pasco Athletic Park, according to a Pasco County Sheriff's Office news release.
A 10 Tampa Bay employee said there were families at the park and kids playing football on the fields at the time of the shooting.
Deputies say the man who died, 32-year-old Carl Branch of Ft. Myers, was targeted for some unknown reason. It's believed at least one shooter got away in a white, four-door sedan. They might, too, be from southwest Florida, deputies said.
Right now, the sheriff's office says there's no threat to the public because the shooting is believed not to have been random.
Anyone with information is asked to call 911. A $5,000 reward is being offered to anyone with information that can lead to an arrest: call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-873-TIPS.
What other people are reading right now:
- Rays lose, Astros force decisive ALCS Game 7
- Polls suggest Biden, Trump neck and neck in Florida
- Teachers, parents and students voice concerns over Hillsborough County School District teacher changes
- Feel like you're getting a ton of political campaign texts? It's not just you. Here's how to stop them
- Tropical storms may develop next week in the Caribbean and Atlantic
- What you need to know about the 6 constitutional amendments on Florida ballots
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter