TAMPA, Fla. — An airplane had to taxi back to the gate this morning after another pilot said flames began coming out of one of its engines.
United Airlines Flight 588 was scheduled to fly from Tampa to Chicago. The Boeing 737 was lined up with other jets, waiting to take off, when a pilot behind the plane radioed the control tower to report seeing flames in the left engine.
Flight 588 pulled out of line and returned to the gate at Tampa International Airport. Firefighters responded but didn't find a fire.
The passengers were put on another aircraft to Chicago. United maintenance crews are inspecting the plane.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
What other people are reading right now:
- Man 'deeply sorry' for raping, killing girl
- He went missing 2 years ago. Then, his body was found. Now, his family is trying to save other kids.
- Cops: 2 daycare employees arrested after video shows little girl dangled upside down, bullied
- 'We really need a lot of prayers': Pasco County firefighter, wife and their infant daughter hurt in crash
- 'I am awesome': How a millennial built a fentanyl empire
- Woman swallowed engagement ring while dreaming about her fiance
FREE 10NEWS APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter