ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — Two people are dead after police say a truck hit them while trying to cross a road on April 9 in St. Petersburg.
A man and woman were crossing Central Avenue near 21st Street around 11:45 p.m. when they were hit by the pickup truck in the crosswalk, authorities said.
St. Petersburg police say Robert Surprenant Jr. and Darlene Surprenant, both 61, were taken to Bayfront Health St. Petersburg for treatment. Both have since died, with Darlene – who was initially in critical condition – passing away on April 18.
Police say the driver of the truck is cooperating with police as they investigate.
Alcohol is not believed to be a factor in the crash.
What other people are reading right now:
- Pasco County firefighters battling brush fire near Anclote High School
- Gaetz faces probe by House ethics panel over potential misconduct
- Getting your second dose of COVID-19 vaccine? Here's what to expect
- Pumping of wastewater from Piney Point put on pause
- Man sentenced to 24 years in prison for killing of mom, baby in 2018 Bayshore crash
- Hurricane experts predict an above-average 2021 Atlantic hurricane season
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter