ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — Police responding to a "chaotic" scene found two people shot at an intersection southwest of downtown St. Petersburg.
The two men would not survive; Roger Lee Ford Jr., 42, and Tywan Jeremiah Armstrong, 39, died at an area hospital, St. Petersburg police spokeswoman Yolanda Fernandez said.
Officers responded around 9:40 p.m. Monday to 34th Street South and 18th Avenue South on a call of shots fired.
"When we arrived, there were more than 100 people on this corner, and it was kind of a chaotic scene," St. Petersburg police spokeswoman Yolanda Fernandez said. The gathering was at a nearby Shell gas station.
A total of three men were shot, said Fernandez, adding the one surviving victim is suffering from non-life-threatening injuries.
There are no suspects in custody.
Anyone with information is asked to call police at 727-893-7780.
What others are reading right now:
- After losing both legs in hit-and-run crash, man wants to thank trooper who saved him
- 'Mommy...please come home': Daughter begs for answers in mom's disappearance
- TSA wait times at Tampa airport now longer than JFK, LAX -- even Atlanta
- Would you work for free in a prison? Federal worker fears amid shutdown
- 10-year-old boy takes own life, parents blame bullying
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10 News app now.