LARGO, Fla. — A bicyclist was taken to the hospital with critical injuries after they were hit by a car, Largo police said.
It happened around 12:15 p.m. Sunday at the corner of Walsingham Road and Oval Drive, police said in a news release.
Officers say the car was making a left turn from Walsingham Road onto Oval Drive while, at the same time, the bicyclist was crossing Oval Drive.
A crash investigation is ongoing. It's believed eastbound Walsingham Road will be closed until about 3:30 p.m.
- 1 person dead, another hurt after being hit by truck at South Florida Pride parade
- Man arrested in connection to woman's burned body found near Skyway bridge
- 'Huge' car dealer Billy Fuccillo dies in Florida at 64
- Don't do this: Illegally-parked car gets swamped
- A Frank Conversation: New podcast explores race, religion, politics and more
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter