ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — A car went into the water off the Howard Frankland Bridge Wednesday morning.
Florida Highway Patrol said Dennis Verboczki, 24, was driving southbound into Pinellas County on the bridge when his steering failed and he lost control of the car.
His car plowed through a chain-link fence and into Tampa Bay.
Verboczki was able to get out of the car and back on land without being injured.
Verboczki was charged with driving with a suspended license.
What other people are reading right now:
- Child found sleeping in box on porch
- A cure for the common cold may have been found
- 'He was a good dog': Zippy alerts family, dies in house fire
- Survivor to Alex Trebek on pancreatic cancer’s persistence: 'Finish it'
- You can get paid $1,300 if you watch 13 Stephen King movies by Halloween
FREE 10NEWS APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter