ST. PETERSBURG, Fla — A St. Petersburg man is behind bars after police say he injured a child to the point where the girl needed surgery.
Police say they were called to a home where emergency crews were helping a 5-year-old suffering from a head injury, along with severe trauma and fresh wounds across her body – including scarring from bite marks.
William Green, 32, was the only adult in the home at the time the child was injured, police say. He was arrested for two counts of aggravated child abuse.
Police say the young girl required surgery and her condition is critical but stable.
- Why the vaccine isn't a green light to return to life before COVID-19
- Rep. Charlie Crist calls for DOJ investigation into Gov. DeSantis regarding vaccination pop-up site
- Man accused of taking part in Capitol riots to make court appearance in Tampa
- 'Tampa Chainsaw Man' becomes a hero in tiny Texas town
- Dairy Queen cancels 'Free Cone Day' in 2021
- Cold-blooded? Florida to consider ban on pet pythons, other reptiles
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter