CLEARWATER, Fla. — A portion of northbound U.S. 19 was closed for hours on Jan.17 after the Clearwater Police Department say, Belinda Hood, 67, caused a three-car crash before taking off.
Officers say two other drivers were injured in the crash and taken to area hospitals for treatment. One driver was treated and released, but the police say the other person involved died days later from injuries sustained in the crash.
Hood was located in Dunedin with her front bumper hanging off as she drove, according to a press release.
She now faces several charges including a heightened charge of DUI manslaughter and leaving the scene of a crash involving a death.
This is a developing story. Check back with 10 Tampa Bay for updates.
- Watch: Engine problem forces pilot to make beach landing near Bilmar hotel
- Former Florida coronavirus data worker says she plans to turn herself in to police
- WrestleMania 37 heading to Tampa in 2021
- Trump impeachment: Where Florida's 2 senators stand
- Experts say invasive pythons hold a key COVID-19 vaccine ingredient
- Inauguration Day 2021: What we know about the plans so far
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter