TARPON SPRINGS, Fla. — Tarpon Springs police responded to a call about a body found in the wooded area near a parking lot Wednesday afternoon.
Police say a person fishing found the body and called them around 5:10 p.m.
Investigators say they do not currently believe foul play was involved, but say they have sent the remains to the Pinellas and Pasco Medical Examiner's Office to determine the cause of manner and death.
The identity of the body has not been determined or released at this time.
Detectives are on scene and continue to investigate the active case.
What other people are reading right now:
- NFL star Antonio Brown's former trainer accuses him of rape
- How one deadly secret led to the murder of an entire family
- Rare Friday the 13th full moon to appear this week
- Police: 5 people hurt, one person arrested after stabbing in Tallahassee
- Former Florida Gators linebacker, NFL player Neiron Ball dies at age 27
FREE 10NEWS APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter