ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — A deadly crash Thursday morning shut down the westbound lanes of Gandy Boulevard in Pinellas County.
Florida Highway Patrol says a man was hit and killed trying to cross Gandy by a person driving a pickup.
Drivers should find another route while the investigation is underway.
Troopers say the crash happened just before 6 a.m.
This is a developing story. Stay with 10 Tampa Bay for updates.
What other people are reading right now:
- Florida House passes bill banning transgender girls from school sports
- 'This is a disease, not a lack of willpower': Alcohol Awareness Month brings attention to pandemic drinking habits
- Derek Chauvin trial: Unknown if Chauvin will take the stand on possible last day of testimony
- Red tide warning signs to be placed on some beaches across Sarasota County
- Tampa Bay districts detail fall learning methods: See county-by-county plans
- Did you lose your vaccine card? Here's what to do next
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter